Be inspired and broaden your horizons! Join us for a fun outdoor cooking class on our beautiful vineyard.
Thai Street Food
Your senses will be ignited by the smells, sounds and flavours of Thailand as you learn how to compile a tantalising menu, find and select the best local produce and balance the fundamental flavours of Thai cuisine. Our Chef Ben will teach you how to make curry pastes from scratch, make balanced dipping sauces and use knife and presentation skills to bring your authentic dishes to life. Includes lesson, lunch, souvenir apron, recipes and a glass of wine of beer with your meal. Allow 3 hours. $155 per person.
Fresh Healthy Vietnamese
Join Ben for an informative class on Vietnamese cuisine. Admired for its reliance on fresh herbs and vegetables, complimentary textures and selective use of spices and proteins, Vietnamese food is considered one of the healthiest cuisines worldwide. This class delves into a variety of Vietnamese flavours and cooking techniques. Includes lesson, lunch, apron, recipes and a glass of wine of beer with lunch. Allow 3 hours. $155 per person.
Discover authentic Mexican cuisine, the wonderful depth of flavour created by the use earthy, savoury ingredients combined with spices, chilli and citrus. Using authentic ingredients learn how to create delicious Mexican dishes from scratch. Warning: no Tacos in sight! Includes lesson, lunch, souvenir apron, recipes and a glass of wine of beer with lunch. Allow 3 hours. $155 per person.
Low and Slow Smoking – Brisket Masterclass
Our Brisket Masterclass will give you all the knowledge and skills you need to make top grade, mouth-watering beef brisket. Whilst our 12-hour beef brisket smokes in the Traeger smoker in front of you, our Pitmaster Ben will cover topics such as beef selection and preparation, smoking methods, cooking temperatures, cooking times, timber selection and slicing. Ben will also demonstrate marinades, rubs and bbq sauces. Once the brisket is cooked, turn the burnt ends into delicious beans, use your new-found skills in spicing to char some local sweet corn with spiced butter, transform coleslaw with an addictive authentic dressing and make your friends envious with the ultimate deli style brisket sandwich on local artisan bread. Enjoy a meat-sweat inducing brisket lunch with thick cut brisket accompanying sides and a craft beer or local wine. Includes hands on lesson, lunch, a craft beer or glass of local wine, souvenir apron, recipes and a take home pack of rubs and sauces. Allow 3 hours. $155 per person
Low and Slow Smoking – Baby Back Pork Ribs Masterclass
Learn how to cook the most succulent baby back pork ribs! Our owner/Chef/Pitmaster will talk you through different breeds of pig, rib preparation, marinades, rubs, smoking methods, cooking temperatures, cooking times and timber selection. Ben will demonstrate marinades and rubs and show you how to make a “gun” bbq sauce whilst our racks of baby back pork ribs smoke in the Traeger in front of you. Enjoy the slow smoked ribs with sides and a drink for lunch. Includes lesson, lunch, a beer or glass of wine, souvenir apron, recipes and a take home pack. Allow 3 hours. $155 per person.
- Classes are hosted by Majors Lane Cooking School and Lovedale Smokehouse’s Owner/Chef/Pitmaster Ben Sales. Ben, a level 4 qualified Chef has hosted our cooking classes since they commenced in 2007. Ben is extremely passionate about food and loves inspiring participants with his in-depth knowledge, skills and travel and food experiences
- Individual and group bookings are welcome
- Private classes at a time that suits you are available with a minimum 6 participants, perfect for bachelor parties, hen’s parties, birthday parties and corporate team building
- No experience is necessary, all equipment is supplied
- Gift certificates are available. Gift certificates have a 3 year expiration period
- Soak up the beautiful vineyard views, learn some great new skills and have a fantastic time with friends